Get a massage! A massage is a wonderful self-treat or gift to a friend or loved one. Generally, most people use massage either to relax, for wellbeing, or to address a specific concerns, such as pain or limited range of motion. Research suggests that massage therapy may help you reach your physical goals.
Some of the general benefits of massage therapy may include:
- Physical and mental relaxation
- Improved circulation throughout the body, which nourishes cells and improves waste elimination
- Relief for tight muscles (knots) and other aches and pains that are common to many people
- Release of irritating nerve compression (carpel tunnel, sciatica)
- Greater flexibility and range of motion in the arms, legs, neck and back
- Overall Enhanced energy and vitality
- Some clinical massage treatments may help heal scar tissue as well as tendon, ligament, and muscle tears
Treat yourself to a massage and take a friend or a loved one with you. You deserve it!